Information Packet for Timberline #26
Timberline Condos, #26
244 W Lodgepole Street
Dillon, Colorado 80435
Web address: https://www.vrassist.com/timberline-26.html
Map of the area: https://goo.gl/maps/LTz1KnoicLU2
Denver International Airport (DIA) is about 91 miles from the location of our building in Summit County.
Valerie Rogers, Reservations Manager
(720) 202-4432 Cell
Jay Zeller (Owner)
(208) 699-4212 Cell
CHECK-IN INFORMATION: CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 4 P.M. Mountain Standard Time. NO Early Check-ins.
PARKING: Your reservation includes one reserved parking spot in the lot behind the building, designated by a sign identifying “Unit 26”. Park in this reserved space.
If you have more than one vehicle, you may park one other vehicle in any unassigned spaces in the lot as long as there are available spaces.
OVERNIGHT PARKING: The Town of Dillon does not allow any on-street or Town Right-of-Way parking between the hours of 2:00 AM - 6:00 AM, year round. You can read about alternative overnight parking options on the Town of Dillon’s website at the link below or at the end of this document.
TRAFFIC & PARKING
Lodgepole Street road closure: Every Friday during the summer Dillon has a wonderful Farmer’s Market from 9 am - 2 pm. The market is held on the road in front of our condo building (Lodgepole Street) which is blocked off in the morning until after 2 pm. This means you won't be able to enter & leave our parking lot from Lodgepole as usual.
Additionally, Lodgepole Street may be closed due to a concert in the Amphitheater.
During these times you can go through the parking lot of the Dillon Pines building next door; there is an exit from that lot onto W. La Bonte Street.
GETTING INTO THE CONDO
Our condo is located on the second floor & is the end unit (on the left when standing in the parking lot looking at the building.)
Access Code: The door code for your stay will be sent via email to you 10 days in advance of your arrival. If you don't see that email in your INBOX please check your JUNK or SPAM folders.
Your access code is effective from 4 p.m. on the date of your arrival until 10:00 a.m. on the date of your departure. You’ll use this code each time you enter the condo. We recommend you share/text the code to all guests staying with you, and that you protect the code for your safety.
UPON ARRIVAL & DURING YOUR STAY
Please take a look around and notify us immediately if anything is not up to your expectations. We take great pride in providing quality accommodations for our guests and would appreciate the opportunity to amend anything that does not meet your approval.
Please also let us know immediately if anything should stop working (such as the TV cable or Internet) or become broken during your stay so that we can schedule repairs or replacements. We need your help so that things like this don’t impact our next guest’s stay. Thank you for your cooperation!
PLEASE NOTE: As advertised on our listings and in the spirit of full disclosure, we want our guests to understand that the heating system makes some ambient noise during operation. When the system turns on & off, you may hear the hot water radiators make some noise as part of the normal operation procedure. The whole building uses this kind of a system so it is unrealistic to expect 100% silence in colder months when the heating systems are being used.
WIRELESS INTERNET SETTINGS
This is a private, secured network dedicated to our condo.
Wireless Name (SSID): Lake Vista #26
PETS & NO SMOKING REMINDER
Guests are not permitted to bring pets into our unit. Additionally, the Building has a “No Smoking” rule inside any unit (including the balcony/deck). If extra cleaning is necessary to remove pet stains and/or clean carpets/upholstery to remove cigarette smoke after your departure, the cost of that cleaning will be deducted from your damage deposit. Thanks very much for your cooperation.
WOOD STOVE INSTRUCTIONS
This condo has been equipped with a new wood-burning stove insert in the fireplace in the living room. A complete set of instructions on how to properly use the woodstove is provided in the condo. Please be sure to read the instructions completely in order to understand how to safely burn wood in the stove.
In those instructions especially note the instructions on how to build a “top down” method to start the fire. This method is the best way to mitigate smoke emission during a cold start up. Smoke emissions when starting a fire can be difficult to control because the insert is not yet heated to its optimum temperature. The “top down” method is most effective in mitigating smoke emission while starting a fire in the heater.
- DO NOT use chemicals or flammable liquids to start a fire. Keep all such liquids well away from the heater while it is in use.
- Firewood is provided. We've also provided fire-starter bricks to aid in lighting the fire, but the housekeeper has not been reliable in remembering to put those supplies out. Please be aware that you may need to purchase fire-starter bricks if none are provided.
- When starting the fire, make sure the combustion handle is turned to the left.
- Break a firestarter brick in half and place in wood stove. Put a couple of balled up newspapers on top. Finally use a couple of pieces of firewood to form a “teepee” above the rest. Light the fire starter brick with a match.
- After the fire has been established for about 10 minutes, turn the combustion handle to the right.
- Operate the wood stove only with the door FULLY CLOSED. If the door is left partially open, gas and flame may be drawn out of the fireplace opening, creating risk of both fire and smoke.
- Keep in mind that this is a stove so it will be hot when a fire is burning. Please use caution to keep children, clothing and furniture away from the stove. Contact with the hot stove may result in burns.
- Do not over-fire this heater. Over-firing may cause a house fire, or can result in permanent damage to the stove. If an exterior part of the stove glows, you are over-firing the stove.
Fire Extinguisher: Is found under the kitchen sink.
The condo has many start-up supplies so you can start your vacation. However, you will likely need to supplement with your own during your stay. We appreciate that our guests take good care of the home we have set up, and we do ask that you use only what you need during your stay.
- Trash bags
- Paper towels
- Toilet paper
- Liquid dish soap
- Dishwasher pods
- Wireless Internet
- Free Wifi
- Linens provided
- Towels Provided
- Hair Dryer
- Wood stove
- Wood burning stove, firewood provided
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Traditional drip coffee maker & Keurig coffee maker
- Crock pot
- Ice Maker
- TV in living room & Master bedroom
- DVD Player
- Washing machine
- Clothes dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry detergent is not provided unless a previous guest happens to leave some behind.
- One reserved parking space. Additional unreserved spaces available on a first-come/first-served basis.
- Smoke detector
- Fire extinguisher
- Exterior lighting
- Deadbolt lock
WHAT TO BRING
- Clothes & shoes appropriate for the activities you enjoy
- Electronics (such as cell phones, laptops, tablets, power cords.) There is a Wifi connection but you need to bring your own computer. The property does not have a land-line telephone so you should bring your cell phone.
CHECK-OUT PROCEDURES: 10 A.M. Mountain Time. NO Late Check-Outs without prior permission.
Please follow this process to ensure the return of your entire rental deposit:
- Place soiled dishes and utensils in the dishwasher and turn on. Dishwashing detergent is located under the kitchen sink.
- Please clean out the refrigerator and dispose of any leftover food. You may leave pantry items, condiments, etc. to share with subsequent guests as long as they have not reached their expiration date.
- Please clean up major boil-overs or spills in the oven. The housekeeper charges extra to clean major messes in the oven. Same for the microwave; please clean up both to avoid extra cleaning charges.
- Put used towels in the bathtub. This helps the housekeeper determine which have been used. Be sure that all towels are accounted for. You will be charged for lost/damaged/excessively dirty towels or linens.
- If you’ve moved any furniture around, please return to its original position.
- The iron, ironing board & clothes steamer are located in the Laundry room. If you used the iron and/or steamer please drain all of the water out of it before returning it to the laundry room.
- There is a humidifier in each of the bedroom closets. If used, please drain all of the water out of it before returning it to the closet.
- All trash must be taken out to the trash dumpster located in the parking lot. There are extra trash bags under the kitchen sink, if needed during stay.
- Please check all drawers in the bedrooms, the kitchen and bathroom cabinets for personal belongings. We will gladly return things to you, if you want - just email us.
- Turn thermostats down to 60 degrees. PLEASE DO NOT TURN THE SWITCH TO OFF.
- Please return the key to the lockbox when you check out (after locking the door.) Failure to return the key will result in a $25 key replacement fee.
Thanks so much for staying at our Dillon condo. We hope you enjoyed it as much as we enjoy staying there. We’d love to have you visit again in the future. If you have any suggestions on how to make the condo better please let us know!
Town of Dillon – Overnight Parking
Please read the following item from the Town of Dillon’s website https://www.townofdillon.com/home/showpublisheddocument/19118/637751612692320008 :
The Town of Dillon does not allow any on-street or Town Right-of-Way parking between the hours of 2:00 AM - 6:00 AM, year round. This is to allow for maintenance and safety issues during those hours. During the winter months, November 1 thru April 30, it is extremely critical for our snowplowing crews to safely remove snow from the Town streets and parking lots, vehicles violating these regulations will be towed or ticketed. Please remember that, although it may not be snowing when you go to bed, our crews go to work at 4:00 AM every morning to remove new snow, or to clean up remaining snow and ice from previous storms.
1. No parking is permitted on any Town-owned street or right-of-way, year round, between 2:00 AM and 6:00 AM.
2. Overnight parking is permitted only in the Town Center rotating lots as posted on the regulatory signs at the entrance to those lots. On any given night, there are at least two parking lots available for anyone to leave a vehicle overnight. The accompanying map shows the location of those lots and the nights they are available for parking.
If you have any questions, please contact the Dillon Police Department at 970 468-6078.
Parking on any town streets and Right-of-Ways is prohibited year round between the hours of 2:00 AM and 6:00 AM. The above signs are posted all over the Town of Dillon. Any vehicle on the street or Right-of-Way between these times will be ticketed and / or towed. The below map shows the rotating lots, their locations and their designation of Blue or Green.
Monday, Wednesday & Friday Nights. These lots have posted signs restating the nights available for parking
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday & Sunday Nights. These lots have posted signs restating the nights available for parking
Overnight Parking is prohibited in all other Town lots. There is overflow parking available in the 72 hour area in the Lodgepole Street parking lot across from the Best Western Ptarmigan Inn.Directions
DIRECTIONS FROM DENVER
- Go west on I-70.
- Take the first exit past the Eisenhower Tunnel, the Dillon/Silverthorne (Highway 6) exit.
- Go East (left onto Blue River Parkway) at the stoplight at the bottom of the exit.
NOTE: If you need to stop at the grocery store before you arrive at the condo, there is a “City Market” located at 300 Dillon Ridge Rd, Dillon, CO 80435. After exiting I-70 & turning left onto Blue River Parkway and turn left onto Dillon Ridge Rd (about 0.4 miles). The City Market is on the left.
- Turn right at Lake Dillon Drive, about 2 miles from I-70. This is the main entrance into Dillon.
- Follow Lake Dillon Drive until it dead-ends onto Lodgepole Street. (You will pass Tenderfoot St, Buffalo St, Main Street and go through the intersection of Lake Dillon Drive & LaBonte Street.)
- Turn right onto Lodgepole Street. Timberline Condos Building is the second building on the right (next to the Ptarmigan Best Western hotel.)
- Follow the driveway to the “back” of the building where you’ll find the parking lot. Park in the spot assigned for Unit #26.
Interstate 70 Toll Lane
The Colorado Department of Transportation has completed a 10-mile express toll lane that stretches from Empire to Floyd Hill to help reduce congestion along the Interstate 70 mountain corridor. The express lane guarantees speeds of at least 45 miles per hour from Empire to Floyd Hill, one of the busiest stretches of the I-70 mountain corridor. Tolls vary from $3 to $30, depending on demand.
RESTAURANTS WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE
Arapahoe Cafe is across the street. Great for all meals. Downstairs in the Cafe is the Pub Down Under.
Wednesday and Sunday’s $6 Burger Night, Thursday is Rib Night. There are specials everyday of the week.
Profusion Cafe: across La Bonte upstairs
Pug Ryan’s: Brewpub up Lake Dillon Dam Road.
During the summer the marina has the Tiki Bar open and serves food.
A list of Summit County Best of 2016 lists many restaurants in the area. Have fun exploring them all. We left a copy for you in the instruction book.
Be sure to grab a copy of the Summit County News to tell you about all the activities and specials in the area during your stay.
City Market is one of the best grocery stores in the county. 300 Dillon Range Road. Very close to the condo. You probably saw it when you drove in to Dillon.
Silverthorne has a Target and there is a Whole Foods and Safeway in Frisco.
Dillon Amphitheater: Free Summer concerts on Friday and Saturday nights. Community church services on Sunday AM.
Dillon Marina: Pontoon boats, sailboat, motor boat, kayak and canoe rentals.
Frisco Marina: rent the above
Farmers Market: Friday mornings in Dillon Summer and Fall. Within walking distance - 3 blocks up on Buffalo and Main St. The best Farmers Market in the county.
Hiking in the National Forest: White River Ranger Station located 680 Blue River Parkway, Silverthorne, CO 80498 (970) 468-5400.
Hot Springs: Glenwood Springs Hot Springs, Hot Sulfur Springs, Cottonwood Hot Springs, Mount Princeton Hot Springs.
Movie Theater: Next to the City Market you can find times of movie showings in the Summit Newspaper.
Bowling Alley: recently renovated - located on Main St. in Dillon.
Outlet Mall Shopping: Right at the I-70 intersection.