Information Packet for Blue River Chalet
ADDRESS: 137 Hinterland Trail, Breckenridge, CO 80424
Web address: https://www.vrassist.com/blue-river-chalet
Map of the area: https://goo.gl/maps/EGztKfr5gbX6NnEe8
Valerie Rogers, Manager: (720) 202-4432
Mike Gall, Owner: (970) 390-7567
CHECK-IN INFORMATION: CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 4 P.M. Mountain Standard Time. NO Early Check-ins unless authorized in advance.
DOOR ACCESS CODE: The door code for your stay will be sent via email to you 10 days in advance of your arrival. If you don't see that email in your INBOX please check your JUNK or SPAM folders.
IMPORTANT NOTE WHEN EXITING THE HOUSE: Do not lock the doorknob, leave it unlocked. (If you lock the doorknob then even if the deadbolt is unlocked you won’t be able to get into the house.)
If you've used a key from the lockbox please be sure to replace the key in the lockbox when you check out to avoid being charged a key replacement fee ($50).
UPON ARRIVAL & WHILE YOU ARE THERE:
- Please note: There is no telephone provided in the house. Please plan to use your cell phone while you are visiting.
- Please take a look around and notify us immediately if anything is not up to your expectations. We take great pride in providing quality accommodations for our guests and would appreciate the opportunity to amend anything that does not meet your approval.
- Please also let us know immediately if anything should stop working (such as the TV cable or Internet) or become broken during your stay so that we can schedule repairs or replacements. We need your help with things like this so that they do not also impact our next guest’s stay.
- Please do not put luggage on the beds to prevent dirt from being transferred to the comforters.
- Please do not move the furniture around.
- Please be careful to remove all boots, ski boots, etc. inside the front door…please do not walk on the floors with wet boots/ski boots.
- If you use the grill please make sure it is cleaned after you are done and the gas is turned off.
- If you log into your streaming accounts on the living room Smart TV please do not forget to log off again before you check out. The owner of this property cannot be held responsible/liable if your information is shared on this system or if others access your account because you failed to log off of your accounts.
WIRELESS INTERNET SETTINGS
Network (SSID): HinterlandCabin
HEATING THE CABIN
There is a thermostat on the wall in the kitchen (under the ladder stairs) that controls the gas heat stove in the living area. Each bedroom also has a thermostat on the wall that controls the hot water baseboard heater in that room.
- Linens: Sheets, blankets, bedding, pillows
- Towels: One bath towel, hand towel & washcloth per person
- Starter supply of toilet paper, paper towels, trash bags (you may need to purchase more if needed)
- One hotel size soap, shampoo, conditioner in each bathroom
- Laundry detergent
- Liquid dish soap in kitchen
- Dishwasher detergent
- Microwave oven
- Traditional drip coffee maker & filters
- Keurig coffee maker
- Hand mixer
- Silverware & cooking utensils
- Pots & pans
- Propane grill on front deck
- Iron & Ironing board
- Hair dryer in bathrooms
- Smoke detector
- Fire extinguisher
- Exterior lighting
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Deadbolt lock
- First aid kit
WHAT TO BRING
- Clothes & shoes appropriate for the activities you enjoy
- Electronics (such as cell phones, laptops, tablets, power cords.) There is a Wifi connection but you need to bring your own computer. The property does not have a land-line telephone so you should bring your cell phone.
Drink Plenty of Water to stay hydrated!! This is the best way to avoid altitude sickness.
The closest grocery store is the City Market in Breckenridge located at 400 North Parkway, Breckenridge, CO 80424.
Summit Stage Bus: Summit County provides free bus service around the county. The bus stops at the intersection of Blue River Rd and CO-9, about 0.5 mile from the house (3 minute drive or 10 minute walk). Visit http://summitcountyco.gov/586/Transit-Summit-Stage/ for more information, bus routes and pick up times. You can also download the Summit Stage app on the Apple App Store or Google Play.
MEDICAL URGENT CARE FACILITIES
High Country Health-Care Breckenridge
400 N Park Ave Ste 1A, 400, 1A North Park Avenue, Breckenridge, CO 80424
St. Anthony's Keystone Medical Clinic
1252 Co Rd 8, Keystone, CO 80435
PETS & NO SMOKING REMINDER
Guests are not permitted to bring pets with them. Additionally, no smoking (of any kind) is permitted. If extra cleaning is necessary to remove pet stains and/or clean carpets/upholstery to remove cigarette smoke after your departure, you will be charged for the cost of the additional cleaning. Thanks very much for your cooperation.
CHECK-OUT PROCEDURES: 10 A.M. Mountain Time. NO Late Check-Outs without prior permission.
- Trash: Empty trash from kitchen and both bathrooms before leaving. There is a big trash receptacle outside of the chalet.
- Dishwasher: Please load and run the dishwasher.
- Towels: Leave towels in the bathtubs.
- Deck: If you used the grill please make sure it is cleaned and the gas is turned off.
- Windows: Close all windows and lower all blinds.
- Refrigerator: Please clean out the refrigerator and dispose of any leftover food. You may leave pantry items, condiments, etc. to share with subsequent guests as long as they have not reached their expiration date.
- Please check all drawers in the bedrooms, the kitchen and bathroom cabinets for personal belongings.
- If you logged onto the SmartTV with your own streaming accounts, don't forget to log off before you leave.
- If you've used the key from the lockbox, please return the key to the lockbox before you leave. Failure to do so will result in a $50 key replacement fee.
Thank you for your stay! We hope you enjoyed our Blue River Chalet!
Denver International Airport (DIA) is about 107 miles from the location of the house (about 2 hours & 10 minutes depending on traffic)
Interstate 70 Toll Lane
The Colorado Department of Transportation has completed a 10-mile express toll lane that stretches from Empire to Floyd Hill to help reduce congestion along the Interstate 70 mountain corridor. The express lane guarantees speeds of at least 45 miles per hour from Empire to Floyd Hill, one of the busiest stretches of the I-70 mountain corridor. Tolls vary from $3 to $30, depending on demand.
NOTE: A 4-wheel drive vehicle is recommended during inclement winter weather.
Directions from Denver:
- Go west on I-70.
- Take exit 203 for CO-9 S toward Frisco/Breckenridge
- Follow CO-9 S to Hinterland Trail in Blue River
28 min (14.7 mi)
- At the traffic circle, take the 4th exit onto CO-9 S
- At the traffic circle, take the 2nd exit and stay on CO-9 S
- Slight right onto CO-9
- At the traffic circle, continue straight onto South Park Avenue
- Continue onto CO-9 S/S Main St
- Continue to follow CO-9 S
- Turn left onto Blue River Rd
- Turn right onto Grey Squirrel Rd
- Turn left onto Hinterland Trail.
NOTE: If you need to stop at the grocery store before you arrive, you will pass these grocery stores after exiting I-70 onto CO-9 S:
- Whole Foods: 261 Lusher Ct, Frisco, CO 80443
- Natural Grocers: 970 N 10 Mile Dr, Frisco, CO 80443
- Safeway: 1008 Summit Blvd, Frisco, CO 80443
- City Market: 400 North Parkway, Breckenridge, CO 80424