Information Packet for Dune Pointe 303
In case of emergency if you cannot reach Valerie (property manager) or if there is a maintenance issue with the property please contact the owner of the property directly.
Cell: (720) 202-4432
Greg (Paul) Marx, Owner
Cell: (870) 814-5780
The closest full service (including beer & wine) grocery store to our condo is Publix Super Market located at 251 Miracle Strip Pkwy SE, Fort Walton Beach.
Parking at Dune Pointe
Parking is strictly limited to the designated parking area in front of the Dune Pointe building and is available on a first-come first-served basis. Two parking spaces are included with your reservation.
Passenger cars and pick-up trucks only may utilize the parking facilities. No large trucks, boats and/or trailers, motorhomes, or any other vehicles may use parking facilities.
CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 4 P.M. Central Standard Time. NO Early Check-ins.
Dune Pointe building has two grey carts that are usually parked under the stairs on the east side of the building (close to the elevator). These are available for your use to help carry luggage and baggage from your car up to the unit. Please be sure to return the carts where they belong when you are finished with them.
Getting into Unit #303
Access Code: The door code for your stay will be sent via email to you 10 days in advance of your arrival. If you don't see that email in your INBOX please check your JUNK or SPAM folders.
Upon arrival please take a look around and notify us immediately if anything is not up to your expectations. We take great pride in providing quality accommodations for our guests and would appreciate the opportunity to amend anything that does not meet your approval.
Please also let us know immediately if anything should stop working (such as the TV cable or Internet) or become broken during your stay so that we can schedule repairs or replacements. We need your help so that things like this don’t also impact our next guest’s stay. Thank you for your cooperation!
In Case of Emergency
Call 911. This condo does not provide a landline telephone. We require all guests to have a cell phone in case of an emergency. The address of the building is: 670 Santa Rosa Blvd, Ft. UNIT #303 Walton Beach, FL 32548.
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center (850) 862-1111
Pediatric ER (850) 863-7537
1000 Mar Walt Dr
Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547
Open 24/7, the FWBMC is equipped to handle traumatic, medical, pediatric and/or psychiatric emergent health care needs. It’s located 7.5 miles from our condo building.
Emerald Coast Urgent Care (850) 654-8878
12598 U.S. 98 #101
Destin, FL 32550
Open 7 days a week - 9:00 am to 8:00 pm
No Appointment Necessary — Walk-ins always welcome. Located in Destin, approx. 15 miles from our condo building.
While you are there, we would appreciate your cooperation with the following:
- Please do NOT sit on the couches with wet bathing suits or with suntan lotion or oil on your skin. Thanks for helping us to keep the furniture looking nice!
- Please do not put luggage on the beds.
- Please do not use the white washcloths to remove makeup or excessive dirt. There are dark colored wash cloths provided in each bathroom for this purpose.
- HOA rules prohibit hanging anything from the railings on the balcony including bathing suits, towels, etc.
- HOA rules stipulate that toddlers must wear swim diapers when in the pool.
- We do not provide beach towels. If you don’t want to pack your own you can buy inexpensive beach towels at one of the many beach stores in the area. Please do not take our bath towels, blankets or quilts out of the unit (to the pool or the beach.) The condo is prepared with one bath towel, one hand towel & one wash cloth per person and an inventory will be taken when the unit is cleaned after your departure. If the housekeeper reports missing towels after your stay, we will ask you to please pay to replace them.
- This is a beach destination so we ask for your cooperation in trying to leave sand outside of the unit as much as possible. After enjoying the beach please use the outdoor shower in the pool area to wash all sand off of your bodies, feet, equipment and toys before entering the condo. Please also leave all sandy shoes at the entry door so sand is not tracked throughout the condo.
- Please call or text our housekeeper (850 586-1266) during your stay (but no later than the night before you leave) to let her know what time you plan to check-out. This will help her plan the cleaning schedule for that day. Please be sure to identify yourself as “Guests of Dune Pointe 303”. Thanks for your assistance! (REMINDER: Check-out time is no later than 10:00 a.m.)
Wireless Internet Settings
Network (SSID): SETUP-8638
Operating the Sliding Door Blinds
The vertical blinds that are installed on the sliding doors in the living room & master bedroom can be opened or closed by using the vertical rod hanging on the blinds. If the blinds are closed, turn the rod first to open the blinds before moving the blinds. BE VERY CAREFUL not to turn them too far or the blinds could break.
Ice Maker in Refrigerator
Florida law requires that all of the ice is removed from the freezer between reservations. When you arrive you must lower the arm on the ice maker in the freezer before it will begin to make ice again. Be sure the ice tray is pushed all the way back so that it does not interfere with the movement of the arm.
Using the Samsung Smart TV (living room)
Press the power button on the COX remote control to turn on the TV and the COX cable signal. The screen should default to the cable TV when it is turned on; if it is not press the "Input" button on the COX remote control and navigate to HDMI 1.
If you wish to use the apps on the Smart TV (such as Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, etc.) press the “HOME” button on the Samsung remote to display the apps. When the apps are displayed across the bottom of the screen use the arrow button on the Samsung remote to navigate to the app that you wish to use. Select the app using the button in the middle of the arrows of the Samsung remote.
To use a paid service such as Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, etc.) you must have an account with the service provider. DO NOT FORGET TO LOG OUT OF YOUR PAID ACCOUNTS! We cannot be held responsible if you fail to do so and your accounts are used by others.
To get back to watching Cable TV press the “Source” button on the Samsung remote. Continue pressing the Source button until “HDMI 1” is highlighted. This will take you back to the cable TV channels.
There is a (charcoal) grill located on the east side of the building in the lawn area. Guests must provide their own charcoal/lighter fluid. This grill is available on a first come, first served basis.
No Pets & No Smoking Reminder
Guests are not permitted to bring pets into our unit. Additionally, no smoking is permitted inside of the unit. If extra cleaning is necessary to remove pet stains and/or clean carpets/upholstery to remove cigarette odor after your departure, the cost of that cleaning will be deducted from your damage deposit. Thanks very much for your cooperation.
The condo has many start-up supplies so you can start your vacation. However, you will likely need to supplement with your own during your stay. We appreciate that our guests take good care of the home we have set up, and we do ask that you use only what you need during your stay.
- Trash bags
- Paper towels
- Toilet paper
- Liquid dish soap
- Dishwasher pods
- Wireless Internet
- Free wifi
- Linens provided
- Bath Towels Provided (Beach towels are not provided)
- Air conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Traditional drip coffee maker
- Charcoal grill shared by the building. Guest must provide their own supplies.
Pool & Beach
- Communal pool
- Heated Pool – under some conditions
- 4 portable beach chairs are provided
- Satellite/Cable channels
- SmartTV streaming apps (guest must use their own account)
- Washing machine
- Clothes dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry detergent is not provided unless a previous guest happens to leave some behind.
- Parking for up to 2 vehicles, no trailers allowed
- Smoke detector
- Fire extinguisher
- Exterior lighting
- Deadbolt lock
What To Bring
- Clothes & shoes appropriate for the activities you enjoy
- Bathing suits
- Beach towels
- Electronics (such as cell phones, laptops, tablets, power cords.) There is a Wifi connection but you need to bring your own computer. The property does not have a land-line telephone so you should bring your cell phone.
CHECK OUT TIME IS NO LATER THAN 10 A.M. Central Time. NO Late Check-Outs without prior permission. (Be careful because your door access code will expire and you will not be able to get back into the unit after it does.)
Please follow this process when checking out:
Please turn on all ceilings fans to "low" so that the air will circulate and ventilate the condo prior to our housekeeper's arrival.
- Rinse soiled dishes and utensils & place in the dishwasher with dishwasher soap pod and turn on. Dishwasher pods/detergent are located under the kitchen sink.
- Please clean up major boil-overs or spills in the oven. The housekeeper charges extra to clean major messes in the oven. Same for the microwave; please clean up both to avoid extra cleaning charges.
- Please clean out all food items from the refrigerator & freezer, including condiments. Please do not leave any food behind.
- Put used towels in the bathtub. This helps the housekeeper determine which have been used. Be sure that all towels are accounted for. You will be charged for lost/damaged/excessively dirty towels or linens.
- If you’ve moved any furniture around, please return to its original position.
- If you have used the beach chairs, please make sure they are clean, dry & returned to the Utility closet for the use of the next guest.
- All trash must be taken out to the green trash dumpster located on the east side the building.
- Please check all drawers in the bedrooms, the kitchen and bathroom cabinets for personal belongings. We are not responsible for any items left behind. If you leave anything behind, we will return it if possible, but if the housekeepers say they didn’t find something, unfortunately there’s nothing we can do about it.
- TURN OFF ALL THE LIGHTS & turn thermostat down to 74 degrees.
- There is no need to reset the combination or lock the door when you leave. The combination will expire at check-out time (10:00 am) and the door will automatically lock when you close the door. Please have all your personal belongings outside before check-out time to avoid problems. You’ll be locked out at 10:01am.
- If you’ve used the key from the lockbox, please return in to the lockbox.
Please return the grey carts to their proper place under the stairs on the east side of the building (close to the elevator) if you use them to carry your luggage/baggage down to the parking lot.
There are two airport options. The closest airport is Northwest Florida Regional Airport (VPS) located at 1701 FL-85, Eglin AFB, FL 32542 (11.5 miles from our condo building.) The other option is Pensacola International Airport located at 2430 Airport Blvd, Pensacola, FL 32504 (47 miles from our condo building.)
Directions from the East (Destin)
- Take Harbor Blvd/US-98 W/FL-30 heading west.
- After crossing the Destin Bridge at Harbor Walk in Destin, continue on US-98 W approximately 5.3 miles on Okaloosa Island.
- Turn left onto Santa Rosa Blvd. (Santa Rosa Blvd is 0.3 miles past Pier Rd.)
- Travel 1.4 miles on Santa Rosa Blvd.
- Turn left onto Pompano Ave to arrive at Dune Pointe, 670 SANTA ROSA BLVD.
Directions from the West (Pensacola)
- Take US-98 E/FL-30 heading east.
- Passing through Gulf Breeze and Navarre, head towards Ft. Walton Beach on US-98 E/FL-30.
- After passing through Ft. Walton Beach, stay on US-98 E/FL-30 and cross the Brooks Bridge onto Okaloosa Island.
- At the first light after crossing the bridge, turn right onto Santa Rosa Blvd.
- Travel 1.4 miles on Santa Rosa Blvd.
- Turn left onto Pompano Ave to arrive at Dune Pointe, 670 SANTA ROSA BLVD.
Dune Pointe is a gold building with red awnings. Take care; there is another building with the same 670 street address (“The Palms”). This is not our building. We are the “Dune Pointe” building, located between Gulfside and Island Echos.
ABOUT THE BEACH
Sand Dunes: Please make everyone in your group aware that it is illegal to walk on or across the sand dunes along the beach. Dunes protect against hurricanes and humans walking on dunes destroy the dunes. Avoid a large fine: Don’t walk on the dunes!
Dolphins: We enjoying watching for dolphins, which can often be seen swimming near the shore at dusk or dawn. If dolphins come in near the shore do not get in the water to try and touch a dolphin. Touching a dolphin is illegal. Human germs can harm dolphins.
Sea Gulls: Do not feed seagulls. It’s illegal, and there is a $200 fine.
Jellyfish: When the gulf waters warm in late Summer, the jellyfish start to emerge. Some don’t sting humans on contact, and others do. If you get stung, there are ways to reduce the effects. You’re welcome to take a few minutes and read up on jellyfish to be well prepared:
Sharks: There are sharks in the gulf waters. And sharks commonly feed in the evenings. The sharks rarely come close to shore, and mainly hang out behind the sandbar which is around 100-200 yards off shore. Generally, sharks are more afraid of humans than the other way around. If you are swimming and see a big school of baitfish, you may also see birds swarming in the area or smell the strong odor of bait fish. Dolphin and sharks follow the bait fish. It’s recommended to leave the water when you realize you are swimming with/near bait fish.
Rip Currents: Rip currents are the #1 cause of ocean-related deaths in the area. To avoid danger, please pay attention to the flags on the beach. To be well prepared, here are two short and excellent videos on how to spot a rip current and what to do if caught in a rip current.
Beach Flag Notification System
- GREEN: LOW HAZARD - Calm Condition, Exercise Caution
- YELLOW: MEDIUM HAZARD - Moderate Surf and/or Moderate Currents
- RED: HIGH HAZARD - High Surf and/or Strong Currents DOUBLE RED: Water closed to public (aka DO NOT SWIM)
- PURPLE: Marine Pests Present (jellyfish, stingrays, dangerous fish) Purple can also be used in context with other flags to indicate pest conditions
About the Fort Walton Beach/Destin Area
Fort Walton Beach (near Destin, FL) is a small city in the Florida Panhandle. It’s known for fine white-sand beaches on adjacent Okaloosa Island. The island’s Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park is home to dolphins, penguins and alligators. The Indian Temple Mound Museum includes the prehistoric Temple Mound and Native American artifacts. Northeast, the Air Force Armament Museum displays artifacts and aircraft from WWI to the present.